Sunday, December 19, 2010

Meandering Thoughts

         I've landed back in LA and it's good. It's good to be home. Being around people who already understand me. I don't have to do the whole meet and greet and build that repertoire before I can cut past the small talk. Having concluded my aimless misadventures in Argentina, I feel compelled to eke out a daily routine. No, I don't usually use words like eke. But when writing, I like to exercise a certain level of finesse that makes me feel fancy and droll. See what I mean?
         If I had to describe my sense of humour I would probably come to the label of self-deprecating [insert poop joke here]. Unfortunately, I feel as though that sense of self-deprecation comes from a genuine feeling of self-dissatisfaction. Don't worry! This isn't going to turn into a whining, "I'm so sad", crying-while-eating-ice-cream-out-of-the-carton-and-watching some-fat-camp-reality-show-on-TV rampant blog entry. I don't do that anymore. No, I'm going to self analyze my own troubles in a graceful manner. Oh dear, I'm getting in my head again. Ok, ok shake it out. That's what she said? Ugh. New paragraph. Also, tangent.
        Right now it's raining, and I'm told by my widget app that it will continue for the remainder of this week. I'm glad. I quite enjoy the rain. It's a nice diversion from the groundhog's day 75 and sunny LA weather that we are usually blessed with. If you've never spent a good deal of time on the east coast, I highly recommend you find an excuse to change that fact. Being forced through seasons can be exhilarating. Here's my tree shout out: The trees allow you this dramatic arboreal calendar. I appreciate trees as much as the next person, but I sincerely do not understand "leafers." Whatever, continuing... Nice sunny days have no value, no goodness when they're all stacked together with no foul, precipitous bookends. You need shit weather to have awesome weather. LA has neither. It has none. Back in Vermont, after months and months of fall and winter a nice sunny day is almost cloying in it's delectation. Everyone's outside playing frisbee. I mean, how cool are frisbee's? They fly. Weird. Anyhow, back to my angst.
         This is a non-pity mongering paragraph. Just want you to know that going in. It can be hard to process life frustration without actual discussion. Sometimes I get twinges or pangs. Those words just sound made up. Sometimes I even get wangdoodles and spurgles. Spurgles from decisions I've made in my past that I'm not proud of that still haunt me. The 'g' in 'spurgle' is a hard 'g' if you're wondering. I don't know. Whenever I'm stagnant: not up to something, I have this masochistic tendency to relive my regrets. It's not crippling, the pain. It's like a sore throat. It's bearable. Perhaps I've watched too many movies and I'm convinced that I need some unknowable burden in order to achieve that tortured hero complex. Now I just need to do something heroic. Hmmmmm. I don't have enough choking friends. They all swallow with tremendous ease. Oh well.
         I'm just eyeballing on these indents by the way. I would use the tab button, but it just advances the cursor to the next typing field. I'm using 6 spaces. Wow. I need to start playing video games or something or I might develop one of those awful hobbies. Like stamp collecting, or taxidermy or scrapbooking. Shudder. I'm sorry if you scrapbook, its just that I always see those scrapbooking kits on the sale rack outside of Borders and they always look so pathetic sitting there next to the unsuccessful children books and how-to-massage reference guides. Although I do have the latter.
         Well, it's ridiculously late and my friend August collects shoe horns. At least he used to. Final thoughts and statements: I've recently discovered a taste for black coffee, I'm quite sure I've got some kind of cold, I'm planning on getting an SLR camera tomorrow, my mom redid my room and I'm not sure I'm digging the tope, gonna start rock-climbing again, think that the Walking Dead zombie series on AMC is uninspired, gonna see Black Swan with friends, bathrobes are weird, and finally the new Tron movie is pretty awesome. It lagged a bit, but that's to be expected when running so many programs. Zing!

No comments:

Post a Comment