Thursday, April 21, 2011

My life at this point

So, it looks like I'm living in Louisiana for the time being. What's Louisiana like? Muggy. As in you get mugged while it's hot and humid. No, it's really not that bad. Although my heart did break a little bit when the grocery market cashier admitted she had never heard of sharp cheddar cheese. The bagger identified me as "eatin' healthy" when he saw that I was buying two mangos. Are mangos really that healthy? Do people not eat them down here? Is it cause I got two? I'll never know. 
          I've been listening to the Pixies a lot. It's like listening to happy halloween music that belongs in great 90's movies. So back to my living situation. It's a house with walls and everything. There's a full bar downstairs with neon lights, a dart board and a pool table. There's also booze, which is impressive. My room is unforgivably bare. I bought picture frames last Saturday at a garage sale down the street. I plan to print some of my pictures and then hang them up. Falling asleep. Remind me to tell you about Tony, my housemate tomorrow. He's sorta remarkable.

1 comment: