Sunday, September 26, 2010

Via-what?

venturing through boggy fields on a cloudy day

Day 8 (Fri, Sept 24)
Today the brothers and I get to venture out into the countryside in order to locate some missing fence posts. Kaiser, who takes care of the animals, enlists us to search a rather vast field. I’ve been wondering, for more than a week now, why everyone on the farm wears rain boots to work. I got my answer today. The entire field was waterlogged in about two to three inches of rain. It wasn’t swampy though, just pasture with lots of mud. While we didn’t find any of the fence posts, I do catch a glimpse of a field mouse and several ducks. Although they’re nothing to write home about, the ducks sound a bit like the motors of old beat-up cars as they flap their wings and zip past you. Also, I suppose I did just write home about ducks. Hmmm. 

1 comment:

  1. So the mom in me wants to know if you are getting rain boots. Love the pics and the blag, keep it coming. xo Mom

    ReplyDelete